If you’re thinking of renovating your kitchen, a Shaker kitchen style could be right for you. These kitchens come in both traditional and contemporary styles and have a truly timeless look.
In the market for new kitchen cabinetry? Here’s how to choose a Shaker kitchen style that’s perfect for you. Your furniture selection will play a large part in the overall room design and you’ll want it to stand the test of time. So whether it’s a traditional or modern setting, one option you should consider is the Shaker style. A firm favourite for decades, the Shaker’s versatility has made it a timeless classic. Check out our tips on how to choose the right Shaker kitchen style for you and how to accent it in line with your home’s aesthetic.
Shaker kitchen style: make it traditional
With the revival of Inframe kitchens, it’s clear that the craving for traditional luxury isn’t going anywhere. Associated with fine craftsmanship and a nod to eras gone by, the Inframe kitchen oozes sophistication. The Belgravia range from Kitchen Stori is the perfect example of the grandeur that the long-established door style can add to a space. However, the design of this Shaker kitchen style is more intricate due to the doors sitting within the frame. It therefore comes with a premium price when compared to the modern standard, plant on doors.
The Winslow range
Luckily, the Winslow range from Kitchen Stori helps to bridge this gap, drawing inspiration from the classic Inframe design but combining it with the practicality of a modern-day plant on. You get an Inframe look for less as a result. The subtle line that details the door’s perimeter gives the illusion that the door fits within the frame. Winslow’s timeless charm continues with its natural ash grain and beading detail within the Shaker frame. This makes it the perfect choice for your traditional space.
To further enhance your design:
- Opt for a neutral shade for your main kitchen and pair with a pop of colour inspired by the outdoors. For a softer contrast choose earthy hues to add warmth.
- Add a subtly veined worktop to add interest and balance to your colour palette.
- Pair your kitchen furniture with a gas top range, moulded cornice and plinth, overhead mantle and oak tray sets to add a country chic feel.
- Accessorise with natural textures such as stone and wood to balance your design and add polished handles in chrome or brass for contrast and a classic finishing touch.
Shaker, but make it contemporary
For a more modern space, opt for a Shaker style with a narrow frame and minimal detailing to create clean lines in your contemporary design. The Aldana range from Kitchen Stori is a great example as it also features a natural ash grain. This adds depth and richness to the overall look.
Continue your sleek design by:
- Opting for contrasting colours to create a bold statement. If you’re a little colour shy, why not try a timeless monochrome palette?
- Choosing a striking worktop with a seamless backsplash and waterfall edge island to create a focal point within the space.
- Pairing with a wooden floor and industrial antique brushed brass handles to add warmth and texture.
- Selecting integrated appliances and concealed lighting fixtures which will further enhance the seamless lines of your design.
The Aldana range
Whether it’s a period property, country haven, or an ultra-modern residence, a Shaker kitchen will always feel right at home. The Winslow and Aldana ranges showcased above, each showing a different Shaker kitchen style, are available in a wide variety of colours or can be colour matched to your desired shade. They form part of the extensive door and accessory selection that Kitchen Stori has on offer. Download their new brochure to discover their full collection.
Ready to kick off your design process? Book an appointment with one of Kitchen Stori’s approved independent retailers, located throughout the UK & Ireland. You can also download the Kitchen Stori brochure here.