Tell me, how many Instagram photos or Pinterest pins have you saved with oh-so-amazing bathroom wall and floor tiles? Whether it’s luxe marble, mosaics, totally maximalist bold patterns or a calming combination of neutral tones, there’s no getting away from the sheer amount of tile inspiration out there.
And where do you start when choosing tiles for your bathroom? Adding colour and pattern doesn’t have to mean going really bright or choosing statement designs. Of course, you can do that. But, you can also add designer impact with a more pared-back approach. With SO many tiles to choose from, the bathroom really is your oyster.
I spoke to Grazzie Wilson over at Ca’Pietra to find out her tips for choosing tiles for your bathroom and the best ways to use colour and pattern. She has some really useful tips on where to start and the latest trends to look out for. Watch our chat below…
The key tips I took away from this were:
- You should stick to a maximum of three tile designs in one space.
- Pattern can be the shape of the tile, rather than the design on the tile.
- You can zone your bathroom with different tile choices.
- Organic, curved shapes are big news in the design world.
- You should think about the feeling you want to create in your bathroom and choose tiles that fit with that feeling.